Hi,
   I did try the Nikon version (as, unfortunately, my Pentax stuff is
   only M42 by now, but which I still enjoy). I haven't had time to
   use it seriously, so take my comments with a grain of salt and
   pepper :)

   Build quality seemed excellent. Heavy, metal, good. I wouldn't fear
   about the lens (although I had unpleasant experience with the
   cheaper Tokinas, both 3.5-4.5/20-35 - awful, broke thrice before
   money return under guaranty; and the new cheap 2.8/28-70 ATX SV -
   zoom ring was tight in some spots).

   I took only few shots at 2.8 on digital, which were sharp enough.

   The specimen I tried out (it was used) had quite slow AF, though.
   Not small AF adjustments, but it was slow going the whole cycle.
   Which can be a paint when the camera's AF system misses and the
   lens hunts. the old Sigma (not HSM) and Nikkors (not SWM) were
   about noticably faster, and the new HSM/SWM/... lenses are pretty
   fast. But it was only a quick test, and the lens might have been a
   bad specimen.

   Manual focus was OTOH very fast, some might say loose, but I did
   like it. So I wonder, if there was anything wrong with that lens'
   AF gearings.

   That's not much help is it :)

Fra