Bruce Dayton wrote:

> Zip disks or what they now call "Jump drives" are the ticket.
>  The jump drives are really just a SD card or some such with
> the USB interface.  All you do is plug it in and you have an
> instant drive.
> If you need more permanence then the zip disks work quite
> well.  I haven't used a floppy for a few years now.

Hi Bruce,

I am a great ZIP disc user too, but the people I share these files with
aren't. Many of my friends still use Windows 95 with a similar age computer.
I think ZIP discs are a bit pricey (although I have acquired most of mine
new via eBay at a substantial discount) but floppies are dirt cheap. I don't
worry about losing them either, as so many people no longer have the drives
to read them ;-)

Thanks,

Malcolm