At 03:51 AM 15/03/2004 -0800, you wrote:
Good info - thanks!

Re the cost, is there some built-in tax or other DIS-advantage to buying that camera in OZ, vs. the U.S.?
Other than currency exchange numbers?

What _would_ the MZ-6 cost in OZ?

keith

I cannot comment on this particular camera, as I have no idea how much it costs, but for the last 5 or 6 years we have been buying from the US, as OZ was not very competitive. We purchased flashes, bodies, lenses, even film. We saved thousands of dollars that way. what it cost us buying from the States was approx 60-70% of the OZ cost. and that includes all postage (FedEx) taxes and other fees. As we can claim it on tax, there is no point for us to smuggle it in, saving 10% on GST.

HOWEVER when purchasing *istD it was cheaper to buy here. The cost was the same in figures, but once you take into account the exchange rates, buying in US was ~30% more expensive + postage + tax. But now US is more competitive again.

---- (*)o(*) ---- Robert [EMAIL PROTECTED]