I suppose, but I figured I'd stick to Pentax issues since the Pentax would
be my first choice (or consideration) were I to buy a DSLR, mostly because
of all the K-mount glass that I have.  Anyway, this is mostly a Pentax
forum ;-))  That Nikon, Canon, Kodak, and others have similar problems is
understood.  That doesn't make me feel better (or worse) about the Pentax.
Seems that there have been quite a bit more quality and operational
problems with cameras (and this is a very personal conjecture) since the
advent of autofocus and cameras with lots of electronics.

Shel