Hi all,

This may be a known issue to istD owners but ...

I was checking out my new D-FA 100mm macro today
and noticed some unexpected behaviour.

While checking DOF, I noticed it did not seem to work unless
the lens was set to 'A'. Of course I would usually like to use
the lens in AV mode, preselecting the aperture.

Playing arround a bit, I found the DOF check only closes
the aperture when either the lens is set to 'A', or the body
is set to 'M'.

This is a bit annoying, since it does not allow you to set a fixed
aperture for good DOF, use automatic exposure, and check the
actual DOF in the viewfinder as well.

The best work-arround I found was to use manual
and the 'green button' to set exposure ...
(or no use of DOF-preview :-)

I checked with the MZ-S too, and that definately
does DOF-preview in all modes ...

So, is this a problem with my istD, or do they all have this ?

Regards, JvW

Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery