Contraptions like the ones described in Mike's link is in fact quite popular by bird photographers in Norway too. A home made solution doesn't have to cost a fortune, but the dry suit Tim will need to wear probably will.

Nothing more dangerous in the water than weever, though. :-)

Jostein

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: Tim Øsleby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2006/04/10 Mon PM 11:43:03 GMT
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: RE: Composing on screen vs. in viewfinder.

In theory, I agree 100% with every word you say.
In reality, most of the time, there are 25 meters of water between me and
the birds.
What alternatives does that leave me with? Investing heavily in lenses (read
selling the car), or cropping.

Buy a canoe?
http://www.profotos.com/education/promag/articles/december2001/birdblind/index.shtml
http://www.iucn.org/themes/SSC/actionplans/grebes/ch4b.pdf

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software