Hi John,

   Have you done any spot meter comparisons between split prism screen
   and matte screen?
   I think this is the major issue, as spot sensor overlaps the split
   prism. Prism transparency differs visibly from the matte area and
   should affect the sensor reading - as this is calibrated for the
   latter.
   BTW, autofocus variations are not linked to the screen. I
   experience too AF inconsistencies with MZ-5n and FA 50/1.4.

   Servus, Alin