In a message dated 5/3/2007 8:46:46 A.M. Pacific  Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Verdict: If you have a low-end  *ist-Dx series cam (basically, any
pentamirror *istDx) do not hesitate...  Sell it immediately while you
can get some good money and upgrade to the  k100d. I sold my DL
body-only for $300 bucks (USD). For $435, and 50$ rebate,  the K100d is
a NO BRAINER.

=========
Thanks very much for the  report.

Since Pentax's future is uncertain, and since I still wince at  dropping $800
on any camera (and to date have not done that yet), I've been  considering
selling my DS and a lens and getting the K100D. Mainly to get it to  go with
the
lenses I now have. :-)

Marnie aka Doe

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.