In a message dated 12/6/01 8:48:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:
> Mafud has, however, six times now evaded the question of pricing at his
> lab of choice (though he took great pains to explain how expensive they
> are).  We can only be forced to assume that he was making it up, and
> that there is, in fact, not a great price discrepancy between chemical
> and digital prints there."

We don't live in the same town or even same region of the country, making
comparisons of pro lab, maybe even Walmart "lab" prices, utterly meaningless.

> "How are the prices at Media Specialties when you compare digital to
> chemical?"

If that is a question for me, I'm pleased at how elegantly you make my point.
We don't ~have~ a "Media Specialties" where I live. How then could you (we)
possibly compare "Media Specialties" prices with (any) pro lab I might name
where ~I~ live?
I see the trap: you pick a dinky, low priced so-called "pro" lab and I pick
the "pro" lab I most often use. We then "compare" prices. You win.
**But we could, using a disinterested intermediary, send our most frequented
lab's catalog (your lab does have a catalog, yes?) to them.
Let ~them~ make the comparison.

Remember this: you're not my appointed inquisitor, nor instructor, nor,
heavens forbid, boss, thus your question(s) are as meaningless as they are
superfluous, as would be any comparison between pro lab prices. I, nor
anyone, am not obligated to answer what more than likely would be, in the
end, a rhetorical question.

Mafud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]