From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> In a message dated 12/6/01 8:48:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
> > Mafud has, however, six times now evaded the question of pricing at his
> > lab of choice (though he took great pains to explain how expensive they
> > are).  We can only be forced to assume that he was making it up, and
> > that there is, in fact, not a great price discrepancy between chemical
> > and digital prints there."
> >
> We don't live in the same town or even same region of the country, making
> comparisons of pro lab, maybe even Walmart "lab" prices, utterly meaningless.

Evaded again.

> Remember this: you're not my appointed inquisitor, nor instructor, nor,
> heavens forbid, boss, thus your question(s) are as meaningless as they are
> superfluous, as would be any comparison between pro lab prices. I, nor
> anyone, am not obligated to answer what more than likely would be, in the
> end, a rhetorical question.

Yes, but now we'll think anything of you and your knowledge that we wish.

The question put to you was simple, normal. Folks here don't hang on your every word
(or
anyone's word) as though you (they) were some authority. If ANYONE makes a claim that
another disputes, it's normal (and responsible) to ask the claimant to provide
evidence of
the claim. It is entirely unfair to require the person questioning or disputing the
claim
to prove it for themselves. Others have investigated to the ability that they could and
found your claim to be empty so far as they can see. You claim you are or have been a
PJ.
I'll not dispute this. (Basically because I don't care.) So, I assume that you know
that
all journalists accept that it is there responsibility to back up claims of fact that
they
make.

Regards,
Bob...
--------------------
"Let us contemplate our forefathers, and posterity,
and resolve to maintain the rights bequeathed to us
from the former, for the sake of the latter.
The necessity of the times, more than ever, calls
for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude,
and perseverance. Let us remember that 'if we
suffer tamely a lawless attack upon our liberty,
we encourage it, and involve others in our doom.'
It is a very serious consideration that millions yet
unborn may be the miserable sharers of the event."
- Samuel Adams, 1771