You can substitute the ProMaster cord for all the Pentax do-dads. I've used this with both the Sigma EF-500DG Super and the AF-540FGZ and it works well. Typical cost around 60USD

http://tinyurl.com/d44d89

-p

Bruce Walker wrote:
Joseph McAllister wrote:
A pretty thorough reading of both the K20D and AF540FGZ manuals re: TCS reveals nothing. It is neither mentioned as doable or not doable. It does "imply" that it should work, but does not back that up in text or sync spec charts.

Let us know what tech support at Pentax has to say please...

And the envelope please ...

---
Dear Mr. Walker,

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

Trailing curtain sync will not work with the K20D and the AF-540FGZ off-camera in the wireless mode. The K20D manual doesn't specifically explain this but under setting up the flash in wireless mode on page 47 of the AF-540FGZ flash manual it says you have to have the flash set to leading curtain sync. The off-camera flash is using the built-in flash, or another AF-540 on the hotshoe, as a trigger, but only for leading curtain sync.

---

However, I expect that I can use the hotshoe accessory and a cable to at least get off-camera TCS working. Sigh. Another multi-day special order from Pentax Canada.

Thanks to everyone who helped-out, especially Doug and Charles for taking lots of flash shots of interior walls. :-)

-bmw