I'd probably be more honored than irked.

I'd talk to the f-i-l & tell him that if he would have asked, I would have gotten a print or two. If you have sold copies of that image, you could tell him so. It doesn't sound like he did it to screw you.

You might start putting copyrights on your images, it probably won't stop copying but you can then tell the recipient that it is illegal to do so.

I don't give away my prints to anyone outside my immediate family & they know how I view my photography. BTW I'm not talking about snaps or people photos.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christine Aguila" <cagu...@earthlink.net>

Subject: People Scanning Our Prints

Hi Everyone:

I'd very much like to know everyone's views about something that has just happened to me; here's the story:

I gave a nice print--as a gift--to a friend. My friend's father-in-law took the print to get it framed, and come to find out, he also made some scans of the print and gave them to family members. I'm just going to come out and say it--I'm really irked by this. I often sign my prints in the lower right hand edge, but I didn't on this print.

How irked would you guys be?  What, if anything, would you guys do or say?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers, Christine