----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: Re: laptops again...

On Feb 8, 2010, at 8:26 AM, Doug Franklin wrote:

On 2010-02-08 1:03, John Francis wrote:

I would *NEVER* buy computer products from Sony.

They are the ones who perpetrated the DRM rootkit (bad), and who
denied it was a problem even after it was discovered (very bad).

I'm with you on this one, John. I have even avoided BluRay so far to avoid having the license fees go to Sony.

Isn't that like cutting off your nose to spite your face?

It's the difference between being a discerning consumer and being a jellyfish.
Rewarding companies that do wrong things is the worst form of enablement.

William Robb