----- Original Message ----- From: "Cotty" Subject: Re: UK: Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest, February 2010

Nothing wrong with standing up for your rights at all - I do it
regularly. The bloke in the Youtube video was being adversarial about it
and the result was always going to be obvious (to me anyway).

The other option was?

Erase his card?
Give up information that he legally wasn't bound to give up and have is "details" recorded for posterity on a police record listing him as a potential terrorist or paedophile? In order to disagree, one has to be somewhat adversarial. The very statement, "I disagree" puts one in an adversarial position.

Do you not think the police were being rather adversarial? They were, after all, the ones acting illegally. Why is it OK for the police to break the law and be adeversarial but it isn't for a citizen to be within the law and be adversarial right back? Is it actually illegal in Britain to be a little abrupt with someone who is trampling on your rights?

William Robb