From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Monday, 8 March 2010 6:28 PM
To: 'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'
Subject: RE: UK: Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest, February
2010

> > I always thought the French treated you better if you at
> least made an
> > attempt at speaking French, live and learn.
> >

> No, they hate you even more for trying to mock them.
> They are a very odd group of people.

In their defence, I don't think they are any odder than the rest of us. I've
always found them perfectly friendly and very patient with my attempts to
speak French. I have seen them being impatient and frustrated with people
who don't speak French, but probably rather less so than an Anglo-Saxon
confronted by a Frenchman who has the temerity not to speak English.

Consider the people of Hartlepool:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_hanger>

Salut les mecs!

follow the directions.