Eric,
There are more A series lenses, but some are a little rare.
Pentax made a ton of M series lenses for the MX, ME, ME Super, etc.
The A series went with the Super Program and Program Plus cameras.
They are desirable as the apertures are the same as measured on the
latest cameras.
The A 28/2.8, A 50/1.7, A 50/1.4 are all pretty common on ebay and not
too pricey.
There are A 20/2.8, A*85/1.4, A 100/2.8, A 200/4, A*300/4, A 400/5.6.
They are nice lenses, but get more expensive.
Pentax lens history by series is M, A, F, FA, DFA, DA.
The M's and A's are manual focus.
The F's and FA's are the start of autofocus.
The DFA's and DA's are especially for the latest autofocus digitals.
(The DFA's and DA's lose the aperture ring and aperture is only
controled thru the camera.)
Regards,  Bob S.