On 7/10/2010 5:35 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:22 -0400, "Eric Weir"<eew...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:
On Jul 10, 2010, at 5:04 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

They have the linear-action iris actuator and a special position on
the aperture ring allowing a Pentax body with on-body aperture control
(all the DSLRs) to set the aperture value using the body controls.
They're fully compatible with the DSLR bodies with respect to all
auto-exposure modes.

The SMC Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8 lens is a wonderful little lens. It's
small and light, slightly soft until stopped down to f/4 but has
wonderful bokeh. It was the first Pentax lens I used when I purchased
the *ist DS body in 2004.
Hmm. Now it's sounding more interesting. I just purchased a *ist DS. May
not be able to tell the difference between soft and sharp, but at this
point would prefer sharp.

Is this one in a series of lenses, i.e., are their Pentax-As o other
focal lengths?

It actually only covers medium format adapters that allow those lenses to work on a K Mount body. The discussion of K mount electronics from A onward is applicable, but you have to make allowances for the somewhat different mechanical connections. .

Yes.  You should check out Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Page.  It
has all the information you can possibly need about Pentax Kmount
cameras, lenses and accessories. It covers film (35 mm and medium
format) and digital camera systems.

http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the
interface subtly weird.\par
}