As far as my memory goes, we had 'hockey with puck' and 'hockey on grass' back when I was a kid...

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On July 30, 2012 2:58:08 AM Brian Walters <apathy...@lyons-ryan.org> wrote:
Quoting Steven Desjardins <drd1...@gmail.com>:

> That's what we call field hockey.  At least in North America, Hockey
> means ice hockey and the modifier goes with the other one.  Ah, the
> wonders of cultural diversity.

Yep.

Down here, the concept of playing hockey on ice would be a mystery to
most people, so 'hockey' with no modifier, is what's played on grass....

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia