Tiny nit, Tom. The K-5 soundly out resolved the D7000 and, I was surprised to
learn, also the current well done D6.

Jack

________________________________
From: Tom C <caka...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: Pentax is history

> From: Bipin Gupta <bip...@gmail.com>
>
> Tom you missed some facts and misquoted some. I read your article with
> great relish and did find it enlightening though.

Hi Bipin,

I wasn't trying to write a corporate biography. I know that PENTAX
released the K-5 while being under HOYA's banner.

II believe (with little other than corporate sales figures and common
sense to make the statement) that the majority of buyers of a K-5 were
already PENTAX owners. It may have taken the PENTAX world by storm and
surprised some. Even then it was neck and neck IQ-wise with the Nikon
D7000 that essentially used the same sensor. Check the dpreview review
'Conclusions' page.

I'd have personally bought a K-5 but the timing was wrong.  I acquired
a K20D not realizing it was less than a year before the K-7 was
released. Then I bought a K-7, and it was only a year before the K-5
was released. During that time I also purchased several $1000  of
Pentax and SIgma lenses in K-mount. Not knowing if I was staying with
PENTAX I couldn't rationalize a K-5, regardless of how good it was,
because it would be another step down a path I wasn't sure I wanted to
go down.

Tom