Just one other thought regarding the a7ii and contrasting with Pentax...

Sony's announcing this camera prior to Black Friday and then
announcing that it will be available/shipping for the holiday season
will result in a lot of additional sales for them. Pentax NEVER seems
to release products with an eye to the big shopping /
buying-rationalization seasons. They release projects whenever they
release products. I suppose one could take the Orson Welles/ Paul
Masson approach and say that this is for the best ("We will sell NO
wine before its time") but I think in the case of cameras this results
in "We will sell fewer cameras."