Larry Colen Tue, 24 May 2016 10:38:26 -0700 wrote:

Take a look at the first two photos in this set (sorry for the flash, -
I am guilty of being affected by the fud, and never got to redo it.
Maybe, you'll find this idea useful here. Even though one of those 10
videos that you've posted recently was denying this type of affects, I
like the way it worked for me. YMMV:
http://42graphy.org/swing/camphollywood-2007/Artsy/

Interesting, in the one with the women, I would have wanted to leave
them color both in the room and in the mirror and done everything else
black and white.

That photo was dubbed as "time machine":
They are looking into the mirror and see themselves in the past.
To me sepia goes along with "vintage".
I had posted this experiment here 8 years ago:
http://42graphy.komkon.org/swing/cicada/1938-01-27/

... And I just realized that the sequence of these photos is random.
So, I was referring to the photo of the singer with a mic, and a women with a fan. But if you don't like sepia, ... well, you might consider just B&W ...

Finally, - I think people here, on PDML, would appreciate if you posted
the direct link to the photo of YOU from that even posted by someone else.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I'll let the photographer do that herself.

I verified the authorship of that photo with my sources, and it looks like your guess was correct. Could you please kindly ask her to do it?
(She might not be reading this exchange.)

And "oops!" I noticed that I made a bunch of typos this morning: "affects" instead of "effects", "sephia" instead of "sepia" ... Ooh!

Cheers!

Igor