On 2/22/2017 1:24 AM, mike wilson wrote:
On 21 February 2017 at 21:52 Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 2/21/2017 3:10 PM, Brian Walters wrote:
I just found this article.

A bit of nostalgia for the LX cognoscenti....

https://www.casualphotophile.com/2017/02/19/pentax-lx-camera-review-the-best-professional-35mm-slr-around/

Nice.
I'm in the process of moving from a storage lock-up that I've had since
around the time I did the big home reno in 2003. Going through boxes of
various stuff I found 3 (yes 3) LX bodies, all serviced in 2002 qnd then
put away, the full selection of viewfinders, A Winder LX, what seems
like an endless variety of filters, just an amazing treasure trove of
what has become very pretty, but useless junk (kind of like my first
girlfriend, who was also useless but very pretty).

Beg to differ.  It pretty much does what it always did, given allowance for the
vagaries of time, plus it has bonus qualities.  As an example of how it improves
over your first girlfriend, I'll ask how much you want for the AF-1W and I'll
check to see which screens I am missing from my set.  I bet you didn't get any
financial return from your other candidate in the useless stakes.

Sadly, no FA-1W finder. It's about the only one I don't have.