On 24/3/17, Chris Mitchell, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Thanks Cotty. That's 2 votes for a polariser...

In this day and age when everything can be done in Photoshop, and to a
similar extent in video editing and SFX software, I tend not to use any
filters - except for one, and only for video. I have a 4X4 polariser for
the video camera - cost me a couple of hundred quid about 10 years ago -
and it works beautifully on windows, water, anything like that
especially out in the sunlight.

Of course being TV gear, you cant just have the polarising filter,
you've got to a have a matte box that *accepts* 4X4 filters ***and***
has a rotating holder - so of course that's another thousand quid!!

The advantage it has is that it comes with a huge detachable French flag
that really helps in low sun and keeping rain off.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__    Broadcast, Corporate,