You're right, about the automatic DST change. You have to change the DST flag to display DST. I was wrong, at least about the K-5II. I'm not going to charge a battery for the K20D to test that or go through the rigamarole that's required to get the *istDs or D working just to them. I think they had automatic updating but who knows. However it probably does have lookup table to set the correct offset from UTC based on city, or it has a very naive method of changing to DST, by just adding an hour to the display. At this point I don't really care. However the problem seems to be that setting that flag on Jos' camera doesn't work, or maybe I completely misunderstood the issue. If the lookup table does exist implementing automatic update would be trivial, and the kind of thing that would be done "for free".