Yes it would use UTC most likely. I must add that none of my cameras
have ever transitioned to DST automatically. Maybe I am using it wrong
somehow? Ok. I just looked at my K-3 and though it was set to Chicago
as the city it never changed. It does have DST highlighted though next
to it so I'm confused frankly why it wouldn't kick over. Changing the
home city to NYC adjusted the time ahead one hour, but I think that is
just because I moved the time zone.

Yeah I set it to LA and it changed the time again. Toggling DST on and
off changes the time as well. I think you have to manually enable it.
I just have it on all the time and change my time as necessary. My K-3
was actually set to the wrong time. Not like it really matters to be
honest. I care far more about the date.