Pull the drives, stick them on a dock to extract any data that you need.
 Reinstall them and put on your distro.  Put the data back.  Kapow!  A laptop
that will run better than it ever did with W7 for the sum of, Oh! nothing!

The bonus is freeing yourself from the Adobe yoke.

George Melly said that the bonus from getting old was losing your libido - it
was like being unshackled from a lunatic.  Think of LINUX and Adobe in the same
way.