I bought my current MBP in January 2009. I've replaced the battery 3 times,
switched from a spinny HDD to an SSD, and upgraded the OS a few times.
That's it.

It's my only work computer. It's in my backpack when it's not in its
docking station at work or on my desk at home. Zero failures in 9+ years of
heavy use is pretty good.

I had two "heavy duty" HPs and two Toshibas before it, and none made it to
3 1/2 years before irreparably failing.

Rick

--
http://photo.net/photos/RickW