> On Mar 10, 2020, at 7:35 PM, John <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> I had a beautiful Le Crueset omelet pan I got from the PX down at Ft Bragg
> while I was still on active duty after I got home from Iraq; enameled cast
> iron with a non-stick coating.

Interesting, I’ve never known them to have anything but the enamel on them.

> "Someone' used a steel fork on it and ruined the non-stick coating. Le
> Crueset replaced the damaged pan gratis, but the particular pan I had was no
> longer manufactured so the new pan is not quite the same.**

Ouch.  I have been able to find used Le Crueset online, so maybe you could find
another of that particular model.

> I used to be able to flip an omelet with the old pan, but for some reason it
> doesn't work with the new pan. The omelet won't slide properly, plus the pan
> is bigger, heavier & not quite the same shape.
>
> It's a great pan, but it's not quite the same. And Le Crueset came through
> like champions. They didn't have to replace the pan because it was abused,
> but they did anyway.

Yeah, my housemate knocked a dutch oven off the counter, they replaced it for a
fee that was much less than list price.

> As for a griddle, yes there's one available. I can probably get it from the
> big-box home-improvement store I bought the store from. If not, I'm sure it's
> available on-line. I just have to look up the model number & order it.

I never made much use of mine until I discovered that it is perfect for making
quesadillas.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com