Gary, Joe, et al.

With circularity, I think you'll have to consider, what Peirce wrote of taking up the same premisses again and again in cyclical systems, e.g. cyclical algebra. That is not circulum vitiosum. The same premisses take on new meanings, with a new context, that's how I've interpreted the idea.

To Peice, meaning IS contextual.

Kirsti Määttänen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>