Michael Hoover wrote:

> i'll try to avoid making an analogy here for reasons that should
> be obvious... i can't help but recall fanon's assertion that
> violence is turned inward in colonial society; people kill each
> other rather than their subjugators...

Yes, as Marx used to say, it's the violins in the cistern that make the
plumbing rattle.

Mark
PS I admit that a 98kb posting of a badly-translated, seemingly-obscure
debate among Russian commentators may be a bit daunting, but if anyone wants
to understand why Russian president Putin is Just Saying No to Bush right
now (over Iraq)--and what are the momentous implications thereof--this was
required reading.