Title: RE: [PEN-L:31244] what is science?

"Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself." -- Richard Feynman.

That doesn't mean that all self-styled (or society-styled) scientists live up to Feynman's definition. No-one's perfect, while some don't understand this view.

BTW, I still want to know what the alternative is to scientific (logical-empirical) thinking.
Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine