* chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-12-15 19:10]:
> thus every tarball of every distribution should contain
> everything necessary to take over maintainership of a module.

It is a reasonable position, really, so long as you don’t stretch
it to absurd lengths. If there is something *unusual* involved in
the construction of a release of the module, then the code that
performs that task absolutely should be part of the distribution.

> I say that people who want to know what the silly POD-checking
> tests look like should be able to find a thousand verbatim
> instances on the CPAN

My first act in office as new maintainer (be it ownership change
or fork) is often to throw out its toolchain plumbing and install
the infrastructure I prefer.

Regards,