 >> See above. Once the bug is reported there is no justification to keep
 >> the test around. In this case I prefer a skip over a removal because
 >> the test apparently once was useful.

  > Buuuut skipped tests don't get run so it's effectively deleted, except a
  > permanently skipped test sits around cluttering things up.  Smells like
  > commenting out code that maybe someday you might want to use again in the
  > future.  Just adds clutter.

  > If I want to bring a test (or code) back from the dead that's what version
  > control is for.

I think I did indicate I was talking about a $VERSION-dependent skip.

Let me reiterate.

A test reveals a bug in module A, version N. The bug now is known and
filed to RT. No need to run it again and again. Skip it ***if version
N of module A is installed***. Apparently the test was useful to
detect a malfunctioning of module A. Do not throw it away until you
have verified that the test has found a better home. If it has found a
better home for sure, I do not care if you delete it.

POtherwise it is vital to keep the test because it has proved to be
useful. It is unacceptable to to run the test on the broken version
over and over again. A $VERSION check should be sufficient from that
point in time on.

What if everybody on CPAN deletes tests just because a related bug has
been fixed? Nobody would notice if the bug were reintroduced.

Nuff said?

--
andreas