On Sep 4, 2008, at 01:19, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

But with the per-tester direct mail, the recipient is powerless to stop
it, and feeling powerless tends to make people angry.

This, to me, demonstrates better than most points how CPAN Testers is being crushed by its own success. A few years ago, I got very few reports, so it was no big deal. But nowadays, when I release a module, I can expect it to be tested a *lot* in the 24-36 hours after release. If I fucked something up, that can be a lot of FAIL mails appearing in my inbox.

Inspiration: So for CPAN testers site 404s, we should display a "FAIL MAIL". Kinda like the fail whale and the fail snail. :-P

Best,

David