In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, (Andreas J. Koenig)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   > Or, Andreas could change PAUSE, which is a bit more involved :)
>
> Do you not know the abandoned flag? Or not considering it appropriate?

*I* know about it, but you also have to register the module, don't you?

Beyond that, is there a way for everyone to see the list of those
modules? That's what I meant about you changing pause, much like you
did for 06.perms.

It would also be nice to see that bit set somewhere like CPAN Search,
maybe with a button that says "I want to take over maintenance".

None of this happens any differently than before. Either we need
fore-knowledge that the author has decided to move on in life, or our
waiting period for public notification.

I'll do the work to handle the ones the authors give up without a
maintainer, and my first idea was that a virtual user than we
advertised as "free modules" (free as in kittens) would move modules
int willing homes faster. But then, maybe not.