brian d foy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Simon Cozens wrote:
>
> > Perhaps we're not giving the right impression. Hey, brian, aren't
> > you supposed to be preventing this from happening?
>
> no, it isn't.

I find this response somewhat mysterious.

Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders,
citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property,
as individuals, and their rights as freemen.
        -- "M.T. Cicero", in a newspaper letter of 1788 touching the "militia"
            referred to in the Second Amendment to the Constitution.