On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 11:28:45AM -0500, brian d foy wrote:
> okay.  i quit.

Well, hm. I'd rather we actually made something positive out of this.

There's obvious FUD out there and we don't seem to be giving the impression of
getting much done, or doing anything to counter it. Part of the problem is
that we don't currently have anything that we can point to and call progress.
That's a problem in itself, because if people don't see progress they lose
interest and go away.

In order to do something about this, I suggest that we should:

 i) maintain a weekly summary of what's going on on the mailing lists.
    I'm happy to do this when I do the p5p summary; it could be hosted on
    www.perl.com or www.perl.org, I suppose. I'll post the summaries to
    perl6-meta and people can do what they will with them.

ii) maintain a white paper style document on dev.perl.org detailing what
    we've decided, what we've considered, our rationales and so on.
    Roughly, a distilled summary of *all* of the mailing list traffic, ever.
    I can make a start on that tomorrow. That way people have something to
    look at and see where we're at.

Other suggestions as to how to tell the world what we're doing appreciated.

--
<Sauvin> Remember: amateurs built the Ark; _professionals_ built the
Titantic.