From: dana senge <dkse...@gmail.com>
To: pestlist <pestlist@museumpests.net>
Sent: Sun, Mar 11, 2012 12:27 am
Subject: Re: [pestlist] Freezer Trucks

o post to this list send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net
o unsubscribe please look at the footer of this email.
hanks Tom,
While the truck temperature reached 32 degrees F in 4 hours, the
emperature inside the box of records definitely did not.  The issue
ou raise- is one of my largest concerns- it took over 24 hours for
he internal temperature of the record box to reach 32 degrees- is
his so long that the insects can switch to hibernation mode and avoid
reezing or is 24 hours still quick enough to catch the insects off
uard and kill them?
To my knowledge we haven't found any insects (alive or dead) in these
oxes.  We are looking at this data in part to make sure that we are
aking accurate recommendations for further use.  And for other
ollection materials that may host tougher insects.
I am glad to hear you have had success with freezer trucks- do you
ecommend variations in the length of time in the freezer truck- over
he standard 48 hours currently recommended for chest freezers?
Dana