[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
On Apr 16, 8:49 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Arnaud Lesauvage)
wrote:
I found this bug already mentionned in the archives of January 2007, but it was
supposed to be fixed in 1.6.3.
Obviously it is not so, since I still have the error "No matching tables were
found" when trying to perform a single table backup/

I second this bug - i'm experiencing the same problem trying to backup
(dump) tables with mixed case names (e.g. MyTableName). I've installed
pgAdmin v1.6.3 and attempted to backup (compressed and plain, within
pgadmin, from cmd line) some tables with mixed case names, so far
without success. I'm able to dump out all lower case named tables
(e.g. mytablename) but NOT mixed case named tables.

I believe the problem is more with a change in the syntax of pg_dump's -t
switch since version 8.2.
I quote the manual :
"Note:  The behavior of the -t switch is not entirely upward compatible with pre-8.2
PostgreSQL versions. Formerly, writing -t tab would dump all tables named tab, but now it
just dumps whichever one is visible in your default search path. To get the old behavior
you can write -t '*.tab'. Also, you must write something like -t sch.tab to select a
table in a particular schema, rather than the old locution of -n sch -t tab."

So the syntax "-t <table> -n <schema>" used by pgAdmin is not correct anymore.

--
Arnaud

      match