Actually, the Victor Home Recordings discs are straight up modern vinyl in
every perceivable way -- exactly as flexible and plasticky as today's records.
And those were what, 1929?  Vitrolac, MGM's Metrolite, and other branded
fomulations were part vinyl, part shellac-type something-or-other, and were
certainly more flexible (less breakable) than shellac discs, but they were
still more like shellac than pure vinyl.  Meanwhile, the V-Discs from WWII
(many of them but not all) were fully PVC like modern records.  Vinyl didn't
become common until the LP in 1949 as far as I remember.