Hi Alex,

On 4/14/10 10:44 AM, Alexander Burger wrote:
Hi Jon,

I would like to try the PicoLisp wiki code on my own machine, but
I'm not sure what's the right way to launch it. Can the wiki
directory be outside the picoLisp directory? Which should be the
current directory?

I wouldn't recommend that, as most path names assume a local
installation. You could probably fix that by changing the calls to
'load'.

So if you unpack "wiki.tgz" in the runtime directory, you could just
start it as

   $ ./dbg wiki/main.l lib/too.l -main -go

The problem is the initial database. For that, a file "wiki/init.l" is
included that creates a minimal set of objects (Roles and users).

So for the first start, I would recommend to do

   $ mkdir -p db/wiki
   $ ./dbg wiki/main.l lib/too.l -main wiki/init.l -go

Then connect your browser to DB maintenance page at

   "http://localhost/5000";

I'm quite sure you mean "http://localhost:5000";.

log in as "admin" / "admin", and create the first page manually.

I just noticed, there was an error in "wiki/init.l". The first user
didn't have the correct admin role. Please download the "wiki.tgz" once
more.

Hope I didn't forget anything.

Just had a very quick try, but it seems to work. Thanks!

/Jon