There are two parts: the viewer, about which others have commented,
and the parser, which takes the page and produces the Palm database.
The parser uses an older version of Python's HTML support, and the
code in the HTML parsing is written in a few places to assume
single-byte Latin-* characters, especially for output to the Palm
database.  I've fixed a number of these in my working copy, but a real
fix involves moving to Python 2, and taking advantage of the explicit
character set support and much better XML parsers in that release.

Bill