At Tue, 08 Jan 2002 20:20:29 +0100,
Florent Pillet wrote:

> Is the i18n branch an experimental playground for internationalizing Plucker, or are
>you
> planning on having two different versions for performance reasons ?
>
> I looked at the i18n side of the code, and it seems to me that you could be using
>the
> TxtGlue... functions instead of directly using the Text Manager. This way, you are
> compatible with all Palm models, whether they have the Text Manager or not and
> whether they are running a double byte language or not.
>
> Regards,
> Florent.

Thank you for your information. I did not notice the TxtGlue library.

It says the library gives compatibility to the older OS, but I can't
try it because my oldest device is 3.1J, which supports localized
TxtManager functions. I hope you try compile with it.

Surely it will be better to use TxtGlue functions for the backward
compatibility with older Palm OS for Western languages, while
I am not sure such a backward compatibility library might work with
localizer hackwares like CJK-OS. (Nothing is commented about
double-byte characters in the "PalmOSGlue functions" page of the
developper's manual, because, in my opinion, double-byte characters
are officially supported in the PalmOS3, which also give support to
the text manager functions.)

I know some hackwares like old J-OS lack localized text manager
functions and cause some erroneous action when rendering the page.
(This is fixed in the newest J-OS.) I personally
prepared supplemental localized functions to fix this problem for my
TRPpro.

BTW I uploaded the patch for search text feature on October 22 to this
mailing list, which will be included in the next release, i hope.

/matto