For permanently attached drives I've assigned their PARTUUID to mount them
in /etc/fstab. With 6 continuosly attached drives (/dev/sda-/dev/sdf)
portable USB drives were seen as either /dev/sdg or /dev/sdg1 and that's how
they're mounted in /etc/fstab.

Yesterday afternoon the kernel decided to see these pen drives as /dev/sdh
and /dev/sdh1.

How can I assign a generic pen drive label in /etc/fstab so any pen drive
inserted in a USB port on a host so it can be mounted on /media/thumb or
/media/stick depending on how that brand of pen drive is seen?

TIA,

Rich