gorman wrote:
> I honestly don't know what to say. What could explain this? I am sorry,
> I feel bad for wasting your time, bpa. You saw the logs, I wasn't
> imagining things :-(
You do/did have a problem.  This was not imagination.

When audio source is a file or an encoding in an audio stream - the
problem can be reproduced easily.
When the source is a network stream from a major service, problems can
happen and then later disappear.

I used to have an ADSL connection which in the ISP is serviced by an
DSLAM. My IP address was one of a pool of IP addresses allocated by the
DSLAM dynamically.  I used to get days of errors and then long periods
of no problems. I assumed the errors were in my systems until I found
that when I was allocated one specific IP address (i.e one board in the
DSLAM) I would get errors - there was a problem board in the DSLAM and
the ISP would do nothing about it.

In your case, the fact the numbers/playing duration seems to change
depending on the player's buffer size  - make me feel it is a network
issue rather than a socketwrapper one. There are so many system between
sources and your player - it is hard to pin one down and even worse
there may be no " technical problem" as such just a case of systems
getting jammed due to timing - like teeth in two meshing gears.
Services like Spotify use CDNs (Content Delivery Networks such as
Akamai) which have a distribution system which adjust itself and have
caches everywhere so its behaviour may have changed. IIRC Some Danish
LMS Spotty users seems to have had a regional issue recently.   Windows
also has its special issues like the Windows thread I referenced.  This
is the sort of issue Phillipe spent a lot of time with the "reliable"
http handling.  I don't know whether LMS or Spotty has the network
connection to retrieve data from Spotty (I need to look at the plugin) -
if it is LMS then it is possible we can do something.

In short, I think this problem is likely to happen again to somebody but
it is hard to predict.  Just like the "http reliable" long tracks seems
to be a key factor.

With network issues, I try to
(i) Identify how to reproduce the problem identically (i.e if necessary
all caches including OS one are cleared) - which can mean rebooting the
system between tests (easy for PCP setup, harder for Windows)
(ii) reproduce the problem on another user's system

You did good on (i) but I couldn't help with (ii) as I don't use Spotify

If/When the problem re-occurs - I think priority may be to try to get
another user to reproduce the issue as you have shown it can appear on a
range of players and within minutes.

For completeness, I'll check out my version of 1.12beta and the latest
github build.

Spotty threads should be monitored for any playing issues with long
tracks.