gorman wrote:
> I wanted to wait till the entire track had played back but now, at
> 32m18s, I think it's time to accept that something changed. What? You
> mention using an older beta, while the socketwrapper beta I downloaded
> from Ralph Irving on github had been compiled three days ago with some
> cleaning up. Maybe something went wrong during the process?
>
> I will actually try to put back that version and see if now everything
> plays back just fine with that one too (in which case, we'll probably
> remain with a mystery on our hands but... I would not complain). The
> other thing I am going to try is using it for other clients (DAC32,
> Squeezelite, Boom).
>
> I will report back once the testing is complete but, maybe, in the
> meantime you could have a look and see if there's a difference between
> your source and that used by Ralph Irving to compile his beta?
>
> PS
> I had no window opening during playback but socketwrapperdebug.log is
> being created in the location you mentioned. Just thought it was worth
> pointing this out.
>
> PPS
> On SB2 file played back in its entirety with no problem. This is the
> log, just in case.
Bugs with network streams can be very fickle especially if they are
prone to timing issues.

Three possibilities come to mind.
1. The logging of info has changed the dynamic of the processing.
2. the version of socketwrapper is not quite the same as the build you
did earlier testing.
3. Network conditions have changed or something in CDN has changed.

If you revert back to previous version and bug reappears then 3 is
eliminated
I'll check code to verify option 2 and maybe make a "lighter" version to
see if 1 is an issue.

I'll also look at log in case something is there.