SamY wrote:
> Everything looks fine from the Denon plugin's point of view. The power
> on and off commands were handled normally, as you noted, and it is
> ignoring all of the volume control callback notifications, as it should
> when running with the player set to variable volume output. There are,
> however, an unusually large number of playlist control notifications
> such as "play", "open", "jump", "newsong", "stop", "index", etc., all
> coming in a seemingly continuous stream --- much more activity than I
> would expect from an ordinary listening session. I don't know if you
> were generating the activity manually via the client app or if they were
> coming from the AP bridge plugin. While none of these callback
> notifications cause any action to be taken by the plugin, they do cause
> some network and cpu overhead that could affect performance and possibly
> result in "wonky" playback. Maybe you could elaborate on what you
> observed in that respect. The good news is that the looping error
> condition is no longer an issue and the plugin is behaving as expected
> overall. I suspect that the wonky playback might result from conflicting
> commands being generated by the two plugins. For example, when the Denon
> plugin sees an LMS "play" command while it is in the process of powering
> on the AVR, it generates a "pause" command until the AVR is powered on
> completely, at which time it sends a "play" command. This is done in
> order to make sure that the playback doesn't start until the AVR is
> ready, thus avoiding cutting off the beginning of the song. The AP
> bridge plugin probably also issues its own player commands, with both
> plugins assuming that they are in charge.
>
> Let me know if you want to pursue this any further but I'm not sure it's
> worth the effort and the overhead incurred by the Denon plugin just to
> get the AVR to turn off automatically after AP playback. You could
> always set the AVR's auto standby timeout to the minimum value (10
> minutes?) to ensure that it does get turned off eventually.

Yeah, I imagine it is something like that causing the issue as without
the AVR plugin I never had any issues with AP bridge playback. I don't
think it is worth any further investigation we can just stop here and I
will find some other way. I guess I do have a bunch of extra Pis laying
around if it ends up annoying me that much. Thanks as always for the
insight