SamY wrote:
> I found the following in a Denon AVR forum post. If it applies to your
> model, it could explain what you are seeing and the solution would be,
> as you said, to turn off Auto Standby for Zone 2.
>
> "The Denon manual says that in Main Zone, the Auto Standby fuction will
> switch the receiver to standby when, during the selected time, no video
> or audio signal is present.
> _There's_also_a_Zone2,_where_Auto_Standby_is_not_triggered_by_absence_of_signal,_but_by_absence_of_operation_(volume_control_and_such)._"

That is probably it, I had the system on yesterday for much longer than
I have for months (due to the weather here finally being worthy of
outdoor enjoyment!) and during that time I wandered away from it but
left it running, which is unusual behaviour for me, so I wasn't changing
tracks or volume as I usually would. Today was I was simulating for log
files I left it playing at a low volume without fiddling, again unusual.
Thanks for your reply on this, I knew that zone one didn't time out when
being used so assumed the same for Z2 - so much for assumptions!

I will of course be mindful of it in future.

Cheers, David

*Server*rpi3 pCP8.1.0 LMS8.2.0
*Media*USB hard drive
*Lounge/dining areas*SBT > Denon AVR2113  > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix
Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton
680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
*Family/kitchen*SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix
C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
*Alfresco*Z2 > Krix Tropix/Klipsch SW
*Others*SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
*SBT/SB Player Remotes* Squeeze Ctrl/androids