On 3/28/2019 4:24 AM, David Matthews wrote:
HI Eliot,
Thanks for that report.  I've updated the website and changed statistics.cpp in git master so that it now compiles on Cygwin.  I'll backport that to fixes-5.8 once it's had a bit of testing.

Trying to support Poly/ML on Cygwin has always been a bit of a problem. If possible it's better to use the native Windows versions.  There are ways to build it yourself from source using Visual Studio or Msys or there is an installer available on GitHub.  Another alternative is to use Linux Subsystem for Windows.

Thank you, David.

My whole setup on my laptop is Cygwin based.  If I can use Cygwin
HOL4 and Windows polyml, that would be ok, but I can also imagine
a number of ways that would break, particularly around handling
filenames ...  What do you think?

I'm happy to help with testing if that would be useful.  The
failures with parallel makes (-j4) are manageable but troubling.
Something has changed in the interim to break that.  I can't say
with certainty what I was running before ... but pre 5.7 anyway.
From (say) a year or so ago.

Regards - Eliot