On 3/28/2019 6:50 AM, Makarius wrote:
On 28/03/2019 11:37, Eliot Moss wrote:

My whole setup on my laptop is Cygwin based.  If I can use Cygwin
HOL4 and Windows polyml, that would be ok, but I can also imagine
a number of ways that would break, particularly around handling
filenames ...  What do you think?

We used to have Cygwin for Isabelle over many years, but more recently
the underlying Poly/ML has become native Windows: it is more stable and
more scalable.

Dear Makarius --

I'll run this by Michael Norrish (HOL4 maintainer) as to what would
make things work with HOL4, but I am concerned that this is growing
into something more complex, where I (or he) will be taking on more
maintenance responsibility.  In the past HOL4 did not need to know
about Cygwin.  I only glanced at what you sent, but it seems that
HOL4 will need to be adjusted to convert filenames, etc.

At least polyml works with Holmake -j1 for now ...

Regards - Eliot